Patient Care Information
Prostate Cancer Resources
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF)
Formerly CaPCure, the PCF is the world’s largest philanthropic source of support for prostate cancer research. The PCR has a single goal: to find better treatments and a cure for recurrent prostate cancer.
- Department of Health in FL
Fact sheets and brochures about Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer education and support network
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
ACS is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. ACS uses voter education and issue campaigns to influence legislation. CCRAB works closely with the ACS, Florida Division, to better understand cancer issues within Florida. Our Council has a representative from ACS and regularly communicates on legislative and cancer control issues.
- National Cancer Institute at NIH
- Florida Center for Universal Research to Eradicate Disease (FL CURED)
Center for Universal research to eradicate disease
- Comprehensive Cancer Control (CCC)
This FL Department of Health program is responsible for coordinating statewide cancer prevention and education activities.
- Florida Cancer Plan Council (FCPC)
The council implements the state cancer plan, which provides strategies and action points to guide activities throughout the state.
- Prostate Health Education Network, Inc. (PHEN)
Their primary mission is to increase prostate health and education awareness among the men at highest risk for prostate cancer in the US, African Americans. Saving lives through early detection and eliminating the African American Prostate cancer disparity is PHEN’s education and awareness goal.